Saturday, September 4, 2010

No soup for you!

We had a new chef for dinner tonight.  It turns out that she is a bit more strict.  When the door opens for dinner we all file in to our seats and grab a plate for the salad.  Well, today, 3 of us were through the line when she came out yelling "potage", which is soup, and is normally the first course.  She was holding to it and I got the stink eye along with the others that had a plate of salad.  I did not make eye contact the rest of the night.

I had the  first of seven submax tests today which starts with a max contraction test where they use a electric pulse to get the most out of your leg.  From there we were put on the Wingate test which is a 30 sec. max effort.  The final portion is a tt on a trainer programmed to 26k of Milan San Remo.  We went over the Cipressa and the Poggio.  Yep, I came all the way to France to ride the trainer.   The soreness was gone from the biopsy and I surprised myself by missing the top time by only 15 sec.  D@#$, so close.
After the soup Nazi incident, most of us spent the evening watching the World Mountain Bike Championships.
This is some hotel in Morez.

No comments:

Post a Comment