Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to the lab

It was nice to not feel like a lab rat for a couple of days but I was back at it with my 2nd Submax TT today.  I would have set the top time but I had to stop for at least a minute when one of the sensors came off.  Oh well, I have 6 left and my HR and Watt #'s did improve. 
On Saturday I have the VO2 again but this time we have arterial catheters, head sensors for blood and few other gadgets hooked up.  We do the first test and rest for 90 minutes.  The second test we do is at simulated 9000 feet.  The catheters are put in by one of the best docs in the country along with an anethesiologist (sp.).  It looks quite involved.  We cannot do any exercise for the rest of the day because there is a chance the arterial would could cause trouble.

Hey Dad and Grandpa, I saw some blockwork today. It looks like they do it the same but the work does not look as nice as yours.
Last night the athletes and the lab men played a bit of soccer in the gym.  It was quite entertaining and a fun time.  I think we got beat pretty badly.  We stopped keeping track.

The weather has been pretty good lately.  Five of us headed to the store before dinner to get a few supplies (Guinness and chocolate).  It is about 5k away and of course, the one dark cloud gives us rain the whole way back.  Dinner was mediocre again but we did have some kind of red meat along with our overcooked pasta and veggies.  I will start putting some pics together of all of the variations they put together.
the cows are so clean and happy

It turns out that the valley the hospital is in is quite known for their Swiss watches. We ride past this place everyday on the way back from the hospital.  http://www.audemarspiguet.com/  I am hoping I can get a tour in the near future.  It is one of many watch makers around the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment