Friday, September 3, 2010

Chopped

Once in the leg and once on the bike.

Test #3 so far and it was the most unpleasant.  I was up for my first muscle biopsy today which is a kind of core sample of the quad muscle.  I do not have any of the photos of the actual procedure yet, only because I really do not want to see it.  It felt weird, not painful but I sweated through all of my street clothes because of nervous energy and because they put a 5mm hole in my leg.
I rode back with Ian from the hospital on a 2 hour loop and it felt a lot better the more I moved it.  I have a TT tomorrow so it was a pretty easy ride with a coffee stop with a merangue cookie (Sorry Annie, it was delicious)
After watching the Vuelta, a couple of us decided to ride to the store before dinner and get a couple beers (Chimay small bottles are only 1.50 euro) good chocolate (Cote d' or).  It is about a 5k ride and this is when I got chopped again.  A women passed us only to take the next right turn as I was cruising about 20 mph.  I had the 2 wheel slide going and saved it by about 6 inches.  Crazy Frenchies!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous of the merigue! It looks DELICIOUS! Please send Haribos too!

    I am not however, jealous of the 5mm hole in your leg!

    (THis is Annie by the way - on Lindas computer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you used a coupon for the espresso

    ReplyDelete