Monday, September 13, 2010

MMM, Beer

Rest was the name of the game today.  After our release into the "yard", we all discussed our thoughts on how to figure out if we were the placebo or if we are the hypoxic group. 

We did a 45 min. spin through the valley and tried not to get slow dropped.  After another great lunch of salad with beets, corn and cucumbers along with buttered noodles which I happily skipped out on, we decided a beer run/cafe stop would be a great rest day idea.
many backpacks for supplies
it's been 5 minutes!  Where is my espresso, I am starting to get the shakes.
bikes for beer pile up in the Carrefour entry 
Yes Honey, that is Lemon Schweppes and I pillaged all of this for 4.78 euro
We made it back with about 15 minutes to spare before our "yard" time was over.  Oh yeah, I did lift some weights while out in the "yard".  Check out this web comic It was recommended by another prisoner.

Dinner was pretty good tonight.  Orangish soup, salad, porkchops, soggy veggies, and pesto tortellini.  Dessert was peach mash (whah, whah).  It kind of looks like the orangish soup.

7 comments:

  1. SOOOO Jealous that you have Schwepps Limon! Please send/bring some home with you!!! I am seriously salivating at my desk right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is great! Thanks for keeping us informed-you gonna be back by Darkness Day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the 16oz PBR Tallboys? Guiness is great but show the locals what midwest one coggers drink! Send Andrea the Schwepps and she will send you the Tallboys! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan, the beer selection is pretty scarce. The wine is awesome though. You could ship a 12er of tall boys.

    Brad, I will miss d-day by about 4 days. Bummer, I know. You and Matt will have to pick up my bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad -- I have been selected by the Darkness Day gods to join you and pick up Jesse's bottles if I can crash the manfest this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! You're more fun than Jesse anyway.

    ReplyDelete