Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kings for a night!

It all started as a wet, dreary morning.  After our super-duper breakfast, we retired to our cells to plot out plans for the day.  Upon being released at 10 a.m. we all hung around the snack area, drinking super awesome instant coffee (not PRO).  Paul, researcher/soignier said he take us to the market.  Jacob needed a BB and then we headed to the Ecomarche next door.
Just the important stuff
After a successful stop, we headed back.  The clouds were blowing over and the roads were drying.  I rallied TJ out of his room and we headed out for some bike practice.  We descended into Long Chamois and continued on to St. Claude.
Still a bit hazy but great views
We climbed for about the last 20k to get back home only to find out the sauna was not on.  Bummer.  30 minutes left in the "yard" and it was back to our cells where I had a wonderful, magical care package from my lovely wife.  My lucky day.
chips & salsa, black jelly beans, PB & honey, crosswords, and a t-shirt
I spent part of the 3 hours doing homework and the other was spent looking for CX races.  I was stoked to find quite a few less than 100k from here.  So hopefully, I will have a few races in my legs before I get home.

Now, onto the living like kings part of the story.  It all started with whitish soup tonight.  Then, we find avocados at the salad table, Jackpot.  Next, some kind of cheese filled hot biscuit/croissant (meh, had one bite).  Meat, some type of bird, wow, this brought the morale up, as you can see!
Of course, pasta with a cream mushroom sauce.  I am over the pasta, had a few bites.

Now, you ask, what could they do to make it any better?  Well, everyone was pretty happy already and then this.
drumsticks, so delicious
Logan, Laust, Darren
I feel like this what our last meal and at midnight they are going to come to our rooms and take us to the electric chair.

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say that your sweet Euro-mustache looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the beer sort of like the PBR of the region? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it is more like the Schells of the region. The PBR or the region is Amsterdam tall boy. I had one on the train to Venice in July. It was the Maximator. 11.2%

    ReplyDelete