Saturday, September 25, 2010

9 Euro? Are you sure?

    If I knew French, that is what I would have asked.  It cost 9 Euro to race today and when I returned my number, I got 2 back.  Wow, that is cheap racin!
    It was about 140k to the venue and by the time we made I was certain I was not going to race.  I never get carsick but today I think my face was looking quite green.  We got sent on a detour because of construction and my stomach was not having it.  We got lucky coming into town when a car with a roof full of cx bikes blew by and were able to follow them to the race site.
road trip!
    We were told through a researcher that our race was at 2:30, well, I think we started at almost 3:45.  The course was loads of fun.  It was a bit greasy in spots with a lot of beach riding, stairs, natural run up and some twisty stuff.  The non racers of the group were beered up and cheering like crazy Belgians.  It was awesome.  I had an ok start from 4th row and after 4 laps just did not have it.  I continued to pass a few people but was not very fast today.  It was good to get the first one out of the way. I am hoping the next one goes a bit better.  Thanks for the photos Adam.



Jesse, TJ, Logan, Russell

    It was quite a change to go to a race and not recognize any of the jerseys.  I do know that the Euros still love their neon colors.  They really need some graphic arts people to design their stuff.  It looks like someone vomited corporate logos all over.
   The drive home was a bit smother as we took freeway (not free, 23 euro later) the whole way.  Back in time for dinner, which I skipped so I could shower and get another 1/2 hour in the room.  Time for a beer and bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sure beats the $30 bucks at all the CX races back home! 68 and sunny today for the Porkchop CX race, not one PBR handup? WTF? Looks like you had fun out there, nice photos!

    ReplyDelete