Saturday, September 18, 2010

Holding down the fort

The days are becoming pretty routine around here.  There is not a lot that can be said when you spend 16 hours of the day in a 16x16 room.  It looks like I may be one of a few that is actually around tomorrow.  A UCI marathon MTB race starts about 5k from here tomorrow with 2 of the inmates competing.  There was an extra bike in the bike room that I was going to use for the day but nobody really knew who's it was so I will just be riding down to watch the start.  The other group is heading out for a road race on the other side of Lake Geneva.  I am not all that comfortable with the cx brakes on the road so I will be missing that one also.  I am banking my transports on doing some cx races which is what I am really excited for.

The halls were pretty empty today with some riding, some making up the time in the rooms they will miss by racing.  Meals were skipped and eaten in the snack area.  I am about 3 hours ahead so far.  Hopefully my room actually is at simulated altitude.

I did get out for a nice, hard training ride to get the race legs going.  I came across a few good photos.
Giant pipe and diamond in St. Claude
loggers dragged this out of the woods
The French skiers are gone and I think the staff around here hates us.  The sauna was not turned on, there was yelling going on at lunch (I missed out on that) and a lot of things just seem to be overlooked.  It doesn't help that there are food monsters leaving nuts and misc. food all over the snack area.  It is like someone just throws food towards their mouth and prays for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment