Thursday, October 28, 2010

Barely!

Back in the USA.  I spent 20 minutes at check in swapping stuff from one checked bag to another to make weight.  It was funny because nothing went into my carry on.  It just went from one checked bag to another.  The total stayed the same. I did get by without paying a bike charge so it was worth it.  The flight from Geneva to Amsterdam was arrived 30 minutes late because we had to go around French air space because of the strike.  I went from 55 min. layover to a 20 min.  I was put up in business for the last 20 min. so I could run to my gate.  I was 1st off the plane and ran for immigration where I was able to cut the line by some very kind people.  I ran for about 15 minutes with my 20 kilo pack and just made it.  I was sooo sweaty that the gate guy asked if I was running or really nervous about something.  I made my flight and was so relieved.  Upon arrival I did learn my bags were still in Amsterdam and will arrive tomorrow.  Hopefully customs does not hold them and I will have a bike to race on Saturday.  At least I am not stuck there so it is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment