Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tough as nails?

Right Dano?

It may qualify as tough as nails but it did not seem too bad to me.  I was pretty motivated to ride in whatever weather was thrown at me today.  I hung around til about 9:30 and started suiting up for a cold, wet ride.  I did the double chamois with plastic bag between and put bags under my shoe covers to keep my feet a bit dryer.  Just like when I was 10 and had awesome moon boots and had to put bread bags on my feet.  I also packed an extra pair of gloves in a ziplock for the second half of the ride.  I even fashioned some fenders out of a plastic bottle to keep the spray off me.  It was about 0C when I left and as I went higher the snow started to fall. 
I headed down to Mijoux and up to Col de la Faucille.  I came about a K short before I turned around.  The snow/slush was building but I did have my cx tires on so that gave me a little more confidence in the descent.
These were half way up, it got worse
I stayed warm and dry with the glove switch and finished out with a hard 2 hour ride.  The rest of the day was steady snowfall.
Maybe we can bust out the skis before this whole thing is over.  Back to the hospital tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Water bottle fneders and baggies to get in more riding time = PRO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tough as nails and so PRO with that bad arse fender on the rear! That is my kind of weather, it will be here soon enough! When you get back you can teach me how to stay upright on the bike. The bruised ribs have taken some of the sting out of the sprained ankle, I guess Tuesday night is not my night. Getting ready for JC, bootlegged some bottles of PBR back from Sconny on Friday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! I am SO READY FOR JINGLE CROSS!!

    WOOT WOOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're coming to Jingle Cross this year!!

    ReplyDelete