Monday, October 25, 2010

Au revoir Premannon

My time in The Jura has now ended I packed up my room and had my last bowl of muesli and yogurt.  The halls are empty except for a couple guys waiting to move on.  I am ready to be home but I will miss this place.  It was such a great experience even with all of the testing that went on.

I have to say I am sorry to Shaun, Ian and Gordon.  I feel like I abandoned them to move on to a better place.  I feel guilty for leaving them.

It was a blustery day on the mountain today with the wind blowing very strong.  I loaded up the van with Paul before making the descent of Col de La Faucille to Gex.  The snow capped peaks were beautiful as we headed down.
Paul and I-He is headed back to Chamonix

We were met in Gex by Gilles Desorbay (Jack Hinkens' uncle) who along with his family will be hosting me for the next 3 nights in Divonne Les Bains.
The rack is built in and pulls out from the license
It has only been a couple of hours and I already feel at home with Gilles, Therese, Matt, and Christophe.  Therese made the best dinner I have had since I arrived.  Chicken, wild rice, mushrooms and cauliflower.  I forgot what fresh meat and vegetables tasted like.  I even had a Kir before dinner.  Sorry guys, I hope dinner at Premannon was not toooo bad.
The weather should be nice for my last 2 days in France.  Tomorrow I am going to check out Geneva while Therese is at an appointment and then a nice ride up the mountain in the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Kirs! I am so jealous! I miss them - please have another for me! Can't wait to hear all about Geneva!

    ReplyDelete