Sunday, March 13, 2011

Vitamin D,

Tucson and Mt. Lemmon, how I have missed you.  It is my spring break and my lovely, wonderful wife suggested I take a break from fanning her with palm fronds and feeding her grapes to head south for some bike practice.  She said I was looking a little thick and said I would embarrass her if I showed up at Buck in a skinsuit looking like that.  I reluctantly spent $10 and 50,000 miles and got myself a ticket on a flying germ tube to the southern half of Amurica.  I did, however, get to spend an extra 10 hours in Denver since they overbooked my flight and being the bike hobo I am, I was first in line to give up my seat for a $400 voucher, meal ticket and a night in the most comfortable hotel beds there are, in the Marriott.  They knock me out every time.  I was in Tucson and on my bike by noon, probably about the same time had I not given up my seat. 
I took a van shuttle from the airport and the driver happened to be enjoying the Prairie Home Companion.  He said it was the only station that did not play all that crappy screaming music.  I arrived at my friend's, Kyle and Melanie's house, who I have lived with in past winters down here.  I was greeted by none other than, George Washington Hayduke, the beloved dog that hates me and ate my Ipod 3 years ago.  I built my bike, which arrived by Fedex on Wednesday and was immediately drawn to Mt. Lemmon like a magnet to a crushed car.  It sucks me in every time.  I rode up to marker 16 and decided I better save a bit for the rest of the week. 

That is all.  I guess I better head to the clubs and drink some vodka-red bulls since it is spring break.  woot woot.

1 comment:

  1. I have changed my mind....can you come home and fan me? It is going to be 50 here!

    ReplyDelete