Friday, October 15, 2010

Allez, Allez, Allez

These are the words I hear when I am pounding out another VO2 test.  It was an easy spin over to the hospital this morning to get ready for #5 and #6 VO2 tests.  I feel alot better if I ride a bit before getting on the ergometer.  No needles during the test except for on the ear for small samples.  The first is done at normoxia and the second at hypoxia or 2500m.  I seem to end up about the same every time.  I was able to wear the Safety Jackets for the second test til about 300w and then they were tossed aside.  After another espresso it was time for the ride back with Peter and Shaun.  The days are staying a bit coler and when the sun is out it is quite nice.  I did some math test review and fell asleep till dinner.  It looks like snow/rain for the rest of the weekend which should make for some great World Cup action on Sunday.  I may get a bit messy if I end up working the pit for the women's race.

1 comment: