Sunday, October 3, 2010

Let's try this again

I was lucky (by lucky, I mean, this will suck) enough to fill in an extra spot in the testing schedule with a retry in the Submax TT.  I spent all morning in my room until noon when I went for lunch.  I rode the 24k to the hospital so I could do my testing.  I was alot more prepared mentally toaday and I was ready to crush it.  I even remembered my shuffle to keep the mind from wandering.
I had a good test going with my average watts up by 20 with the same HR and just over half way through I got the dreaded cross gut.  My power dropped because every time I went a bit too hard my stomach was screaming at me.  I finished it out and was really bummed by my result.  I had really good feelings in the legs but it did not go my way.
    My wingate was a little higher so I guess that was positive.  After the TT is was whisked back to my room to get in my hours.  Hopefully my bike made it back since Christoph was in charge of that. 
   
Tomorrow will finish off my big block on hard training here.  I had my half TT on Thursday, easy ride on Friday, cow pie cross on Saturday, TT today with tomorrow being the arterial VO2 to finish it off.

The payoff, tomorrow the researches are taking all of us out for pizza and beers.  That should definitely raise the morale around here to get through the next 3 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that kind of stuff is never fun! Look on the bright side though, when you get home you are going to C R U S H the competition! Keep the spirits up as you are on the home stretch! I'll have a PBR handup waiting for you at your first CX race!

    ReplyDelete