Saturday, October 9, 2010

I am not a whore....



That is the techno song that was playing in the car that we had to hitch a ride from today.  I had no testing today so it was a pretty slow morning.  I did some cx practice on a new pair of Specialized tires that I am testing for Adam.  I had lunch and went for another short spin through the forest just because it was so nice outside.
Peter, one of the researchers, had to drive to Les Rousses to fuel up the van and picks up some cigs for the doctor that was flown in to help out.  I thought it would be a good chance to pick up some things at the store and not worry about making it fit into my vest/jersey pockets.  He dropped AJ and I off and went to run his errands. I proceeded to buy wine, beer, lemonade and chocolate.  Plenty to share when we party after being released tomorrow.  After filling my mussette bag and my arms with my loot, I headed out to the curb to wait for Peter.  He comes strolling down the sidewalk and says "we have no car, lets start walking"  Huh?  Peter failed to realize the van was a diesel and filled it with gasoline.  It is about a 5k walk back to the facility so we start walking in our flip flops.  Fail.  Now we have armfuls of beer that we have to walk home with.  The exact opposite of why I bought it all on this trip.  We get about 2k before our thumbs finally get a car to pull over.  I just imagine it like Dumb and Dumber, hey, there's some more people "pick-em up"  Two French dudes jamming to that great euro techno song "I am not a whore" come and save the day.

1 comment:

  1. I have no words for this...seriously, I have been thinking about a witty remark and I can't....

    ReplyDelete