Friday, October 22, 2010

Brain melt..


not another name for Grain Belt but how you feel after a 6th indoor TT.  Today was the last one and I finished out strong.  VO2 on Sunday and I am out.
After the TT I headed out on one last ride in the nice fall weather.  Dry and cool today so I explored a new road only to find that it ended at the border.
Swiss side headed to France
I battled headwind all the way to Les Rousses and found someone using the wind to their advantage.
I made a quick stop at Carrefour for some supplies and came out to no bike.  Crap, how am I going to race when I get home was the first thought that came to mind.  I looked for about 30 seconds before walking out only to find Peter and Christophe had played a mean trick on me.  However, they did offer to take my things so I would not have to jam them in my pockets. 
Tomorrow is a day off from the hospital.  We planned on doing a cx race that is pretty close by but it looks like a No Go on that because they want us fresh for the VO2 on Sunday.  Bummer, I was pumped and it is really close by. 
The awards were held for a contest being and I was runner up with TJ taking the win and Darren also a runner up.  Can you guess what the contest was?
TJ took home 120 euro in cool cash while Darren and I got an armful of beer.
2 months-look at the volume of that thing-Chloe's going to love it

2 comments:

  1. The only thing that could make TJ look more PRO than he already is.....a bottle of Nordeast going down the hatch! That is one saweet Fu Man Chu!! Nice contest, looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete