Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Geneva in 2 hours

I had 2 hours to explore Geneva while Therese was at an appointment.  It was nice to play tourist for a couple of hours.   We drove past the UN and all of the other affiliated buildings.  I walked over the bridge across the Rhone at the edge of Lake Geneva to see the historic part of town and the Cathedral.  It was very windy and cold.
Therese picked me up and we went to her favorite kebab place.  I had the falafel and it was awesome.  We headed back and the sun was out closer to the mountains.  I got ready to head up the forest roads on the mountain to stay out of the wind.  I had a great training partner to show me the way to the start of the 15k climb to La Vattay.
Matt and I-he almost dropped me on the way
It was a nice climb but got cold on the ride down.  There were nice views of the lake and the Alps.
48 hours and I will be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment