Wednesday, December 26, 2012

USGP Finals

The final round of the USGP in Bend, OR was a few weeks ago and the blog has been on the back burner because of the holidays. 

It was a fun weekend of racing and hanging out in our giant house that Trek rented.  I raced pretty well both days and ended up just off the podium in 4th, both days.  My teammate, Mark, won both days and I had another teammate, Shannon, who was on the podium both days so it was good results for the Trek CXC.  Chris Fisher was 3rd and 2nd and had a great weekend of racing.  I ended up 5th overall in the series for 35+, Fisher was 2nd,CJ was 4th and if Roeser didn't have to miss the finals, MN would have had 4 of the top 5 in the overall.

Now is when it gets tough because there was/is 7 weeks to train for the last 2 races of the year.  Nationals in Jan. and Master's Worlds in Feb.  It will be great to be done in Feb. and then party and drink beer while watching the world's best compete for the rainbow stripes in Louisville. Trek has a big party planned for that Sunday night also so hopefully I will still be able to make my flight that Monday morning.


front row start

trying to stay warm

Mark S., teammate and overall series winner 

the backside of the flyover


Fisher and I w/ 2 to go on Sunday
Thanks to Jason Perry for the photos and to my wife for being so supportive as I travel around acting like some kinda pro bike racer.

No comments:

Post a Comment