Thursday, December 6, 2012

MN CX State Championships

Waiting for my flight to Bend for USGP final so it is a quick recap.

Saturday I had the #2 call up from my 2nd place last year and had an ok start.  I thought with my hard ride the day before I would be opened up but that wasn't the case.  I rode with the lead group of 8 all race but lost it with 2 to go.  Not the finish I hoped for but I am usually better on the 2nd day.  The crowds were awesome and I even picked up 4 $2 bills so I had that going for me which was nice.

Sunday was the 35+ race and even though my motivation in the morning was low, (I almost stayed home) I felt great once the race started.  I ended up with CJ and Fisher the whole race as I chased down all of their attacks.  They played the perfect teammates and had I let one of them go that would have been the end.  I was gapping them through the sand as I was riding it pretty fast so I figured I would attack before the sand and try and hold it. Well, my rut was destroyed by lapped riders and then this happened.  I chased and got within 5 sec. and held on for 3rd.


Now I am waiting for my flight to Redmond.  Sitting at the airport in Seattle on a 3 hour layover.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics of the crash! that stuff looked deep like quicksand. Layovers Suck. Good Luck and have fun later, DR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. It will be a fun trip either way. Layovers only suck if they are really short and there is not enough time for a beer but this time that is not the case.

    ReplyDelete