Monday, August 20, 2012

Days of Thunder


Cole Trickle. That is what the guys at Penn Cycle Minnetonka called me when I first started going to them for mechanical help.  They said I knew how to race but I had no idea what was going on with my bike.  There was even one time when they switched my brakes to moto style on my mtb and I never figured it out until somebody else pointed it out.

Well, the longer they have sponsored me, Pat Sorensen and Penn have been my shop for the past 12 years,  the more I have picked up from having Eric, Doug and Alan help me out. I am not quite Cole Trickle but I still need help on new bike builds.  I have 1 of my new Trek CXC Cronus that was built up by Guse and the other is waiting for a few parts and will be built by Doug H.  I think I should have a frequent buyers card for Pizza Luce because it seems like I have had almost one per week going over there lately.

I have been on a couple rides on the new bike and it is pretty much the same as last years. In fact, the only difference is handlebars so far. I am looking forward to pulling out the portable barriers and starting the bike practice.

I cannot believe it is only 1 week til the first TNC race.

No comments:

Post a Comment